January 12, 2010

The Social Worker

According to the Social Work Law, the Social Worker is a practitioner who by accepted standards of training and social work professional experiences, possesses the skill to achieve the objectives as defined and set by the social work profession through the use of basic methods of casework, group work, and community organization.

The Social Worker has knowledge and techniques of social work designed to enable individuals, groups, and communities to meet their needs and solve their problems of adjustment to changing patterns of society. Through coordinated actions, the Social Worker can help improve economic and social conditions. The Social Worker must be connected with an organized social work agency supported partially or wholly by government or community-solicited funds.

To be able to practice social work, the graduate, after finishing the Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW) degree, must pass the licensure examination annually given by the Board for Social Workers of the Professional Regulation Commission, the government’s overall regulating body for the professions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I like your Blog. I am writing a Thesis about Social Work in the Philippines; Field of Work DSWD, Davao City.
    I need information about the History of Social work,qualification and the field of work. Unfortunately I could not find enough Literatur about it. I am hoping that you could help me. Since you already wrote a lot about Social Work. Can you please give me a list of the books you used? It would be very helpful. Thank you in Advance. I hope you can read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can email me at boxnipandora@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete